Description: Industrial Metal Prep is a red, acidic solution whose principal ingredients include phosphoric acid (10%-20% by weight), caustic potash (4% by weight), 1-methoxy-2-propanol, and propan-2-ol (both 1%-5% by weight). It cleanses and removes rust from metal in order to prepare it for further treatment. It can also serve as an impermanent rust inhibitor for metal surfaces.
- Low flammability
- Low instability
- Available in three sizes to suit a variety of cleaning needs
- Industrial Metal Prep cleans, polishes, and de-rusts metal surfaces, as well as temporarily inhibits rust from developing.
- Before use, dilute Industrial Metal Prep to a ratio of 1:50.
- Each gallon of water will require approximately 3 ounces of solution, although it may be mixed to a higher concentration if hard water is being used.
- Apply Industrial Metal Prep using a hot water washer or pump sprayer.
- Industrial Metal Prep should not be poured into pumping systems or heating coils, and should not be applied to fragile paint or anodized aluminum surfaces.