Pressure washing is a valuable technique for cleaning various build-ups of contaminants. There are several types of washers that are designed to aid in this pressurized cleansing. However, there are dangers associated with this technique if it is not done properly. To ensure industrial pressure washing safety, we will go over a few things to keep in mind.
General Industrial Pressure Washing Safety Tips
- Avoid pointing the pressure washer at yourself, anyone else, or at objects.
- Avoid using gas-powered pressure washers in areas with good ventilation.
- Children should not be allowed to use this pressurized machinery.
- Children should be kept away from a washer in use.
- Clear the area before you start cleaning.
Personal Protection Equipment
For optimum safety when performing this often-used cleaning method, the following should be worn:
- Heavy-duty raincoat
- Safety goggles
- A full face shield should be worn if the PSI is above 2000
Wastewater can be a concern in terms of industrial cleansing safety. Some areas of the cleaning surface could be dirtier than others. Likewise, some areas might contain micro-organisms among other things, that could be potentially harmful. Due to this, you must be very careful to not allow the wastewater to come into contact with you. It is highly recommended that you wash yourself thoroughly after engaging in this method.
What to Do in Case of Injury
In case of injury, the following procedure can be followed:
- Use soap and water to wash your hands.
- Dislodge any material blocking your wound treatment.
- Stop the bleeding by applying pressure with a clean cloth.
- Pour clean water over the wound once the bleeding has stopped.
- Use soap and water to clean the wound carefully.
- Dry the area.
- Use a clean cloth or a Band-Aid to cover the wound. Wounds that are not clean must be left open.
- Obtain medical attention as fast as possible.
Your Safety Is Important to Tidal Washers!
Here at Tidal Washers, we strive to make chemicals that are effective and safe to use for many industrial applications. Our products are a mix of eco-friendly alternatives and traditional solutions. In addition to what we sell, we also offer blogs such as this one to better your understanding of all things chemical! If you would like to browse through our products, they can be found here. If you would like to get in touch with our staff or have questions for us, you can find us here. Get in touch with us today!