Concrete mold mildew can be a very pesky contaminant to deal with and can invade anyone’s driveway or backyard.
Luckily, pressure washing has become a reliable and highly effective way to clean a large area, as the pressure of the water can be employed to eliminate the need to scrub off dirt, grime, oils, and even mold. Even special chemical solutions can be simultaneously utilized alongside a pressure washer to make the cleaning process significantly quicker and easier, as opposed to simply scrubbing with bleach.
Why Should I Remove Mold from My Concrete?
Aside from simply keeping your driveway clean and presentable, it is essential to prevent the fungus from growing further and potentially damaging the surface. The fungus can quickly degrade the concrete by causing it to become porous, allowing even more moisture or contaminants to accumulate. Removing it can end up saving you a lot of time, effort, and money in the long run.
How Should I Pressure Wash Mold off Concrete?
- Fill the pressure washer with a desired chemical solution or detergent.
- Spray the concrete with a chemical solution designed for concrete cleaning and allow it to soak the mold or mildew.
- After it has completely soaked up the solution, turn on the powerful nozzle, ideally one that provides a strong and wide stream of liquid.
- While holding the washer about ten inches from the surface, begin washing off the mold.
- Ideally, you should carefully wash the surface in overlapping strokes to avoid any streaks and to remove other possible dirt and grime buildup.
- If effectively soaked, it will break up and be washed away easily, leaving your concrete spotless.
The steps can be repeated again if the surface is not sufficiently clean.
Looking for solutions to pressure wash mold off concrete?
Tidal Washers provides a selection of industrial-strength cleaning solutions for an array of industrial and commercial pressure washing applications. Our high-quality products will ensure that you can effectively eliminate dirt, mold, or any other contaminants on any outside surface, from your roof to your driveway.
If you want to know which of our products is best for your business needs, contact us today!