Choosing a great truck wash detergent for washing your truck takes some time and consideration. With the thousands of products and price variations on the market, it’s easy to give up the search and pick the first, cheapest one. However, it’s important to remember that different soaps will produce different results, as they have different purposes or functions.
How to Choose the Best Truck Wash Detergent?
There are some factors that should be taken into consideration before purchasing a truck wash detergent.
- How aggressive the soap is. When washing your truck, remember that while a more aggressive soap may seem like it will offer a better clean, it will actually cause more damage in the long run, as it slowly strips your truck’s sealant and paints away. Opt for something that will get the job done without destroying your truck’s exterior.
- Foam is your friend! Super foaming washes will loosen deep dirt particles and lift away grime without doing any real damage. Search for a commercial truck wash detergent with heavy foaming action to get a great clean without the harm to your paint job.
- Make sure it’s biodegradable/eco-friendly. Washing a truck is a big job. All that soapy water that you’re going to use will wash away down a drain and get lost in the ecosystem. Such a large quantity of chemical detergent should definitely be environmentally friendly. Biodegradable products ensure that no harmful molecules enter our ecosystem and wreak havoc.
- Always purchase a pH balanced detergent. This is a big one—something that is too acidic will leave behind debris or cause damage to your truck. This can lead to a residue buildup, premature fading of your paint, or even a complete strip of your sealant or paint. Dilute acidic detergents in an appropriate amount of water, or choose a pH balanced (near 7 on the pH scale) solution.
- Familiarize yourself with the manufacturer. Buying any product from an unknown company or from a big-name company runs you the risk of getting stuck with a low-quality product. Attention to detail is key when it comes to producing detergents—in every aspect of product manufacturing. Choose a reliable company that you know will provide high-quality products.
Looking to Wash Your Truck?
So, you’ve read the list of what you should do before buying a detergent—now what? Here at Tidal Washers, we offer affordable, eco-friendly commercial truck wash detergents that will completely clean and restore your vehicle—without leaving any residue or damaging the exterior. Check out our shop here or contact us today if you have any further questions.