For years, pressure washing has been a modern and cost-effective cleaning method, ideal for cleaning homes, cars, driveways, and for use in industrial applications. Now, green pressure washing methods are becoming increasingly popular and even leave behind a low carbon footprint. Though some traditional pressure washing solutions can be toxic and harmful to the environment, anyone can make the switch to green pressure washing by incorporating eco-friendly pressure washing chemicals into their cleaning.
In this blog post, we’ll take a look at the best eco-friendly pressure washing chemicals to help your company achieve the best green clean possible.
Advantages of Eco-Friendly Pressure Washing
Pressure washing in itself has a plethora of benefits. Not only is the process quick and effective, it can save you money in the long run. Like with regular pressure or power washing, green pressure washing includes all these benefits and more.
When you opt for green power washing with eco-friendly chemicals, you’ll receive the following benefits:
- Less harm to local ecosystems, as opposed to standard toxic chemicals
- Less health risks affecting workers consistently using pressure washers
- Less hazard risks, such as flammability
- Uses less chemicals overall
Best Eco-Friendly Chemical-Based Pressure Washing Solutions
Finding the ideal industrial cleaning chemicals that balance quality, human safety, and environmental safety can be tricky, but there are multiple options available for those searching to incorporate environmentally preferred products:
- Citric Acid = Non-corrosive and naturally occurring acid that is ideal for the removal of oxidation from paint, mineral stain removal, and concrete or wood cleaning. The chemical also has a characteristic pleasant citrus scent because it is derived from oranges. Citric acid is considered one of the most effective eco-friendly cleaning chemicals because it is biodegradable, renewable, and nontoxic to humans.
- Oxalic Acid = This naturally occurring acid is ideal for rust removal because of the reaction it goes through with ferric iron, forming a water-soluble salt. It can also be used to remove paint and clean wooden surfaces. The biodegradable liquid has very little environmental impact, if any, making it a desirable option for environmentally conscious pressure washing.
- Potassium Hydroxide = This alkaline substance is ideal for cleaning carbon-based materials, oils, and grease. It is considered a more environmentally-friendly alternative to sodium hydroxide, a standard chemical used in pressure washing that is not biodegradable and highly toxic.
- Non-Butyl Detergents = Butyl is a common ingredient in many pressure washing degreaser products but is flammable and toxic to the environment. Fortunately, there are many non-butyl options that are environmentally friendly and just as effective for grease and oil removal.
Looking for Industrial Cleaning Chemicals?
You are in the perfect place! Here at Tidal Washers, we provide various options for a range of industrial cleaning applications. Contact us today to find the best product for your business needs!